[Land-speed] Couple of questions.

To: "land-speed@autox.team.net" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Land-speed] Couple of questions.
From: Larry Mayfield <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 21:52:39 -0800
Any of ya'll ever had a custom crank fabricated for your motor?  I mean
from a raw forging or billet?  I am dickering with folk to do that or at
least to see what kind of pocket book pain that might bring. I was
wonder what kinds of costs are involved..anybody got any idea?

Next is how fast have short wheel base cars gone as a max before? I am
not really keen or runing the sunbeam too much faster with it's 90 inch
wheel base, but Lightfoo drives the Alfa romeo to about 225 mph and that
puppy is only 84 inches. So, for those of you that still have some
memory left (mine seems to be hiding from me occasionally), you remember
any fast, short cars?  90 inces or less?

Have a good night!
mayf
Land-speed@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html