Re: [Land-speed] Dumb Questions 2011.1 and 2011.2

To: drmayf@mayfco.com
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Dumb Questions 2011.1 and 2011.2
From: NT788@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 17:22:10 +0000 (UTC)
Mayf

I think the most accurate and the suspension to study is the Ford torque tube,
and buggy spring,it says it all!B Any lateral control links could cause yaw.
Consider angling two control arms together (a triangle). t\Try to eliminate
one sided lateral control.

Jack

Subject: [Land-speed] Dumb Questions 2011.1 B and 2011.2

I have asked so many dumb question that I have had to resort to a
numbering system to keep track, lol .

Here is today's first question:
1) I use a Ford nine inch rear end with a 4 link suspension. I currently
use a diagonal link to keep it located and to prevent twisting of the
rear axle as it moves up and down. B I have that diagonal link located
between the front of one lower link to the opposite rear of the other
side lower link. B  Drum roll...can I put that link between the front
upper link and back to the rear upper link heim fittings? B I would like
to move it up because evry time I jack up the rear of teh car thelink
and pinion bearing housing try to occupy the same space and I wind up
having to disconnect the link at one end.

Comments?

And the second question:
2) B Would a triangular top link arrangement be any better? I would
fabricate a new link which uses the two top 4 link brackets to atach th
elink to and build a new single location point for that link up front. B
Heim joints would still be used at the ends. Why would this be better or
worse that the diagonal link arrangement?

Comments?

if you all just want to call me a dumb ass, B that's ok , just do it in a
separate email please, lol . If you have never used either of these kinds
of set up, please feel free to comment but let me know you haven't used
one before. Looking for experience here...

mayf