Re: [Land-speed] BBC Firing order

To: "Kirkwood" <saltfever@comcast.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] BBC Firing order
From: "Skip Higginbotham" <saltrat@pahrump.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2011 13:31:39 -0700
I think of the crank as a long torsion bar as you suggest but with a
difference, the more the crank twists, end to end, the farther the cam gets
out of position and the farther the valve timing is off. So if the major
part of the torsioning force is closer to the cam drive the timing won't be
as far off.
The port nozzle in 7 is smaller than in 5 (and the rest) due to plennum air
taken away from 7 by 5 and this probably has more to do with it than
anything else. This can be helped by a little longer intake valve opening on
7.
Skip