Re: [Land-speed] Apology

To: "'Jon Wennerberg'" <Jonwennerberg@Nancyandjon.org>,
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Apology
From: "Dave Dahlgren" <dahlgren536@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 08:40:57 -0400
I saw the 'funny' e-mail and do not see the 'funny' part of it. I am a
believer you should know enough English in order to function day to day as
it is a requirement to be a US citizen. So in my opinion if not speaking
English either not a citizen or being passive aggressive or really just
don't want to be citizens though do want the benefits of being one. I have
spent some time in Europe and if you think you are going to buy something as
simple as a train ticket and not know any French you will be in for a big
surprise.. I am also not a fan of the diverse culture notion that became
popular a couple of decades ago. I don't see (pick whatever ethnic/religious
affiliation)/American either American or not and if not a friend a foe just
that simple.. It is subversive and divides a population rather than unites
it, a really bad idea if you want a law abiding somewhat peaceful country.
For those that don't like the pledge of allegiance find another place to
live and whatever you do don't pick places like Shelter Island NY or South
Hampton NY as I promise you have not seen as many flags on display for miles
on every day of the week..
Dave