Re: [Land-speed] Email for Rick Byrnes

To: <drmayf@mayfco.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Email for Rick Byrnes
From: "Rick Byrnes" <Rick@RBMotorsports.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 12:50:32 -0400 s=q20121106; t=1375203033; bh=SC3Sp3IvpdL026P5muUxIDTGZoxTZ/rglDYoLaqNHTI=; h=Received:Received:Message-ID:From:To:Subject:Date:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=hC036L9kOWkTfITK/LkY7fvCM7M1EtX/0EvPdQLo4XDc9KFV+cyy1mV4Q/nvZ2zZx YXniprScNgVRcN3NntA+Dq+9Gdo3xz11BKYF2n2fzf6H/C7glnKWxp3kJVSRYrf3yW btYddSb3ZfhIkBDJ4bhbvbLBBKsAUcuWivOZLc6/mxEe+pTbY2G7RCwdhupHsZfpRq JiXH7vcrRsgeMn1XQcK70ayWVoNDFFswlCEyfkdM2RatZVtNnna6ABuRSkUJTiQYVN t0RTX2FHpyvy6MTEmPdJLbto71o0fZDV0/ecz5o05g2Cpc2enW5/SNHV2UcrCO/BOO Pn0MoCK/zvrPg==
Hi doc
try rickbyrnes@comcast.net   Comcast recognizes your isp as one that sends
spam and blocks, so it may block this address too.  otherwise txt 3133198544

Back on the subject of oils, Brian you are right about 50 wt Mobil 1, but I
NEVER made a run with oil temp at least 150 deg f and at 180 H20 temp.  The
N/A motor now on methanol has a heat exchanger inside the oil tank with
coolant flowing thru it, and I preheat both lube and coolant.  On one of my
learning visits to the salt, I watched somebody destroy a Carillio rod when
he made a "cold" pass.
My old turbo motors were easier to preheat, and had lots of  bottom end
clearances that like it once everything was warmed up.  I flowed lots of oil
at 60 to 70 pounds pressure.
There may be a few HP in running on the fine edge, like nascrap, but they
have more resources than all of us combined. AND the run only 1 lap
qualifying.  I would look at Indy car qualifying at Indy for better data.
Problem is getting data.
Good luck this year.  I'll be quietly watching.
Oh, I am back to work on the liner, and have finally started enjoying it
again.  Life is not normal, but getting better.
 I will never be quite the same....

Mayf, with production bottom end clearances I would not hesitate to use the
multiweight oil.
Land-speed@autox.team.net
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive