Re: [Land-speed] Fwd: Re: LSR Brake Question

To: "David" <adin@frontier.net>, ed@vetteracing.com
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Fwd: Re: LSR Brake Question
From: "Ed Van Scoy" <ed@vetteracing.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2013 21:46:32 +0000
Cc: LandSpeed List <Land-speed@autox.team.net>
From: David [mailto:adin@frontier.net]
Sent: Sunday, October 13, 2013 01:19 PM
To: ed@vetteracing.com
Cc: 'Bryan Savage', 'LandSpeed List'

Can we quote you on that?Sent from my little hand held gizmoOn Oct 13, 2013,
at 1:50 PM, "Ed Van Scoy"  wrote:> Brakes come in REAL handy when you are on
fire.......> Ed V> -----Original Message-----> From: Bryan Savage
[mailto:b.a.savage@cal.net]> Sent: Friday, October 11, 2013 05:34 PM> To:
'LandSpeed List'> Subject: [Land-speed] Fwd: Re: LSR Brake Question> >
-------- Original Message --------Subject: Re: [Land-speed] LSR Brake>
QuestionDate: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 17:17:54 -0700From: Bryan Savage To:>
drmayf@mayfco.comWell what do you ACTUALLY use the wheel brakes for at>
Bonneville? Theyare necessary if the wind is blowing down the course, in your>
face withvigor, and you don't want to be pulled backwards. They are also>
usefulwhen unloading from the transport vehicle. With a real Bonneville>
racevehicle you don't use them for stopping above 10 or 20 MPH. I can't
seeany> advantage for a specific axle. It seems to me that the best
choicewould be the> simplest installation. A hand brake to the rear axle
soundsgood to me.Cheers> and good luck Mayf...Bryan (in Placerville, CA.)On
10/11/2013 4:32 PM, Larry> Mayfield wrote:> Ok, so I am running 4 wheel disk
brakes now. Why? Well, when> I> started the activity I was dumber than a bag
of squash, but smarter> than> broccoli. Not much, but some. So I have a dual
master cylinder> and a> proportioning valve to help keep the rears from
locking up. My> question is,> IF I got smart (???) and decided to go to one
axle> braking only, which axle> would be best? In road cars, the front does>
the majority of heavy lifting in> the braking department, but is that>
necessarily a good thing on a salt car? I> tend to lean to having the> brakes
on the rar axle but am not sure why, lol...> Is there a good> technical reason
other than "well, dang, that's the way it> has always> been done" answer?>>
With a smaller master cylinder I might be> able to just go with a brake> lever
and eliminate that pesky brake pedal mess> under the dash.>> Love to hear
comments..even those that question my sanity,> smartness,> dumb ness, ugliness
or what ever. As long as there is a kernal in> the> email about brakes that
lends itself to a pearl of wisdom for me.>> fire> away!>>>
onate: http://www.team.net/donate.htmlArchive:>