Re: [Land-speed] While I am between parts and weather...

To: "Neil Albaugh" <neil@dbelltech.com>, <drmayf@mayfco.com>, "LSR" <land-speed@autox.team.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] While I am between parts and weather...
From: "23weldon" <23.weldon@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2013 13:24:02 -0800 s=q20121106; t=1386451492; bh=yVXL68sFB7N8vMzF0Y3hjRl8OSkOGE9Svwa/DFkfuJU=; h=Received:Received:Message-ID:From:To:Subject:Date:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=blre/2qNo414gY9bDvFgv2p0I92+YuUvflFAw6RreIkR8c+n0OwoKlp+u2UmuxI1e A3N8APUFlv93H8n6twec2LISX4W+gtpLbfCcNgVbi3qGhRLb+2St5wZR7PZNH+3Slr FVuThI4W2BkcWdxe21D/M7mb5XFTue8AxjdolWTYOeGF2AzwiwbxYxXYJn4qaR+YSp MG/6QrbeacoWMbbasoEyHzMEGYGxneS2saxbL0XtOXTPJaaH5+ubLzZFKOb3iXEzuH uFiQ/6DXPNKeEUXcl/UHmxYzAWAw2m8KUy3p0dKucKKEnxLSNwAojceMAgrDx+b6xD qY4eMcTr2nPVg==
If I were doing something like that I'd spend an evening or two on the
internet learning how regular cruise controls work.
If you are looking at a digital device that will talk to your computer I
suspect you will have lot of learning to go through.
Cruise control technology has been around for a long time. There is one in
my 78 GMC pickup.   I don't use it because it is way too loose (like +/- 2
mph) for my taste.  When I got my 2000 Toyota Tacoma I had a local shop
install an aftermarket no name unit that has worked fine to my liking until
last month when the Bonneville salt finally got to the single bolt holding
the box to the fender well.  I think that piece is analog; but not sure.
The factory cruise control in my wife's 99 Lexus is a lot tighter than the
one in my Taco.  It's probably integrated into the car's computer and
functions off a fairly sophisticated servo software.
Ed