Re: [Land-speed] new product for racers

To: David Anderson <mactem@mebtel.net>
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] new product for racers
From: Richard Wallendal <richardwallendal@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 14:08:39 -0600
Cc: lsr <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s2048; d=yahoo.com; b=oAWSqwHS9kZFkQ896xP5KzL2YQ/mZuFUnwJK3FlJ0HqYTMWXx2/RJe8ult4BOaedGAk7GCHjaAZUgczqkFEMCc+yNiPUu/vpfYihdHBXeZStL03A8L0kZa9vg+GUWqD2GUUtf0G7eU6MNVTEh0TfcN/wGmBUM6RDOoRyK+cElL8ePWHfZdnd0U3i+VUm+YOoVW+Yb6HbjqjpXilJdAwRfXKJBuB7Z60dq0oIcRL2lFcRsh2LsuqUZapiy3GyLbU8cQeWPT/U4/6M6Q3ufVRl7KPDHH8lP7Qn0MFCnJEYXEvxQEKuZiWlsiCzhZsXpQpM3QFl3OayCHEuzJgHeH9gag==;
Sears sells a plastic welding kit. It is like a specialized hot glue gun. It
has about four types of glue with it. A mechanic friend uses that for his b
screw hole problems all the time. It works very well.

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 13, 2014, at 11:26 AM, "David Anderson" <mactem@mebtel.net> wrote:

> I've tried welding plastic before and with a novice hand have had mixed
results.  The MR2 had broken out screw holes that I filled. It works great as
long as I don't torque them too much.

<mactem@mebtel.net>; "lsr" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
> Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2014 10:08 AM
> Subject: Re: [Land-speed] new product for racers
>

>> J. D., when my son Tony was working on the foundations for the sewage
treatment plant down in L.A. he became a "certified" welder of the plastic
sheet facing on the inside of the forms they poured concrete in.

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/land-speed/jdincau@qnet.com