RE: TF Brakes

To: mg-t@Autox.Team.Net, "'BJCJ1@aol.com'" <BJCJ1@aol.com>
Subject: RE: TF Brakes
From: "Hermance, Jonathan" <Jonathan_Hermance@ATK.COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 08:52:37 -0700
Pressing new lug bolts into my new MOSS wire wheel hubs in a large vise, I
failed to get the lug bolts in the last 1000th or so and absolutely
straight.  The brake drum cocked on the lug bolt threads before shouldering
flat against the hub and the assembly would not turn.  I pulled the lug
bolts straight in the hub by individually tightening each lug nut against a
thick washer placed over the lug bolt and flat to the hub.  Once the lug
bolts were sucked up tight and straight the brake drum shouldered on the hub
easily and everything turned free when assembled.

Jon 54 TF 1250