Re: Anyone Receiving Email? & TD Trans problem

To: Scott Allen <s4usea@fanniemae.com>
Subject: Re: Anyone Receiving Email? & TD Trans problem
From: Charlie Baldwin <ewsinc@BlazeNet.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 19:32:40 -0500
Scott,

I rebuilt my TD gearbox a few years ago after leaving the noise in first and
reverse go too long - a tooth broke off on the cluster gear so I had to replace
that gear, first gear, and all of the "while I've got it apart" type things.
Roughly $1300 in parts later I had all I needed and that was using a rebuilt
cluster gear.  If I was doing it again I would certainly check out the five
speed
conversion as many times a fifth gear would be great even with the 4.3 rear axle
ratio I have. Let us know how you make out.

Charlie
TD 14552