RE: Right size tires for TD and TF

To: "'PINNSYSGRP@aol.com'" <PINNSYSGRP@aol.com>
Subject: RE: Right size tires for TD and TF
From: "Moorhead, Tim" <tmoorhead@sprinc.com>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 08:30:41 -0500
John -

You've loosened the clamp, so now you need to slide the clamp up the column,
compressing the chrome-plated spring cover to expose the oblong-shaped key.
Remove the key with a suitable pick, and the wheel, along with the upper
6-8" portion of the column, will slide out.  DO NOT LOOSE THIS KEY, AS IT IS
WHAT KEEPS THE COLUMN SECTIONS TOGETHER.  Unless you are changing the wheel,
you do not need to separate the upper column from the wheel.  However, once
you have this assembly out of the car, separation is a piece of cake.  All
you need is a big hammer.

I have been running radial tires on my TF since restoration, and I would
never, ever go back to bias-ply tires.  Radials give the car wonderful
driveability.  The size escapes me right now, but I believe I'm running
165-15 radials.  I can check this evening and send you the size tomorrow.

Tim in Dallas