Compression Specs

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Compression Specs
From: Scott Allen <s4usea@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 23:41:28 PDT
All,

Can't find this in my manual and I'm sure many folks know this but...

What're the compression specs hot and cold on a standard XPAG
engine?

I have a pretty plain-jane '52 TD that I'm compression
testing as the previous owner says he re-built it 1400 miles ago,
but I spun the #2 bearing some 500 miles ago.

Some interesting things happening to the #2 piston/plug have me worried, but
will save it for a later post.

Cold tested it last week and it broke down:

     #1 140lbs
     #2 145lbs
     #3 137lbs
     #4 139lbs

Before I go any further, what should I be looking for?

Any/all help appreciated.

Best,

Scott Allen