Re: Changing Rear End / Changing Rods in a TD

To: mg-t@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net, lpalmer@vanstar.com,
Subject: Re: Changing Rear End / Changing Rods in a TD
From: JVK52TD@aol.com
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 19:24:16 EDT
Hi All,

Thanks for the response I got from my follow-up on this previous post..  In
my previous post I stated, "that  I have had trouble with the engine not
standing up to 60-70 mph speeds with the 4.3"..  Since putting the 4.3 rear
end in the car I have busted the crank, installed one of the new hardened
ones from Moss, no problems with this since..  Rod through the block 2  years
ago, ouch !!  Last Sunday had another rod give way :(   This car has a lot
left @ 60-70 mph and will run tops about 80 mph.  Has not run at this top
speed for any extended time !!!   I had been cruising on the interstate 60-70
mph both times when it give way...  What does anyone know about different
rods ???   Talked with "Carrillo" about their rods, 16 week wait....  Does
anyone else have any experience with after market rods for the TD ???
Any suggestions or advice on beefing this up would be appreciated ..

John