Re: Drive the New Year In

To: bkrueger@ici.net, mgs@autox.team.net, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Drive the New Year In
From: MGTD2@aol.com
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2000 15:37:10 EST
This was my thought exactly and it made for a memorable new year.
Temperatures in Michigan were quite cooperative as well, but I'm
uncomfortable with winter days above 32.  The weekend before New Years Day,
it was a pleasant 15 degrees.  I had purposely left the TD un-mothballed for
just this occassion.  Clear and sunny and "brisk," one of my sons and I took
the battery charger and a can of ether to the barn to fire old Morris up.
Didn't need either!  The fuel pump needed some coaxing, but once the
diaphragm got back a little flexibility, we were off for about four hours of
great motoring.

A tip for others who may want to try year-round northern motoring in a
T-type:  think ski wear.  better yet, think snowmobile-wear.  I've found
goose down booties, insulated ski bibs, long johns and a "Elmer Fudd earmuff
hat" to work well in lieu of a heater.  If you really have doubts, put up the
hood and side curtains!

The best New Year to everyone!

John Deikis
'53 MGTD