MG rear Axle ratio

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: MG rear Axle ratio
From: streepey <streepey@jps.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 19:47:53 -0800
One last short msg on this subject.

I live in the foothills of NO CA and prefer to travel the winding foothills
roads in this area.  I know Syd Silverstein and TATerry and we travel the
same country.  We were both on a tour recenty when we were all in either
first or second as we crested a couple of 7000 foot passes !!!

For my driving habits my MG TD (stock) with a 4.875 rear end is the best
fit.  I had a higher ratio for a time, and really got awfully tired of
downshifting all the time on the hills - my wife offered to get out and
push more than once.

I think any owner has to evaluate their driving needs and choose the rear
end ratio that best fits their driving habits.

Lee
53 MGTG "The Pumpkin"