Re: Midget Road test

To: bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Subject: Re: Midget Road test
From: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 23:59:21 -0600
bullwinkle wrote:

> In the early 1960's, i.e. 1960 or 61, a magazine published a road
> test of the new MG midget and compared it to the old MG midget,
> i.e. a TD.  It was a Readers Digest sized magazine, most likely
> Mechanix illustrated.  Does any one know the exact magazine and
> the issue?  I'd like to find a copy.
>
> Blake

When I'm looking for something like this, I just write the best search
string I can and check out eBay for it about twice a week. If it's a book,
rather than magazine, I also check ABE once a week.

I have found, in less than a year, over ten of the things I had been
diligently searching after for decades. I remain in awe of the possibilities
inherent in the web and the net.

There are usually over a hundred different ads, stories, articles and such
relating to MGs that have been cut from old magazines or that are offered
intact on eBay at any given time. The lineup changes daily but the items are
usually around for five or seven days.

I would bet it will show up there within a month or so.

-Rock
--
Rocky, JJ Cale Band & Pratchett Books: http://www.rocky-frisco.com
Rocky's Mini Cooper Page: http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/6437/