Re: Oil Usage

To: "Stuart Keen" <simbafish@home.com>, "MG" <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Oil Usage
From: "ALAN GRUSKOS" <THESHOE@prodigy.net>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 08:40:42 -0400
Stu,
   What type of air cleaner is on the car? If you are using the early oil
bath without the restrictor in the breather pipe the oil may be getting
sucked in through it and into the intake. My engine was rebuilt by the PO. I
when trough it and found it is bored .030 over. It has 80 psi of oil
pressure when cold and drops to about 20psi when hot. It uses about the same
amount of oil yours does now. It dosen't smoke and the plugs are always dry.
This is my first TD so I don't know if this consumption  is normal. You may
want to run a  wet compresion test to see if the rings are the problem and
maybe also a leak-down test and see if this gives you an answer.
Alan Gruskos