Re: TD Carburetor Leak

To: lpalmer@mn.mediaone.net, BobMGT@aol.com, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TD Carburetor Leak
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 11:00:30 EDT
In a message dated 5/31/00 6:54:10 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
lpalmer@mn.mediaone.net writes:

<<
 Both of the banjo fittings are leaking on my TD after a carburetor rebuild.
 The proper fiber washers are installed and the banjo bolts are well
 tightened. Is there a fix for this? Would a very thin coating of Permatex #2
 on the washers be beneficial? >>

I've always found that new fiber washers leak for a while...maybe they have
to swell a bit.  gentle retightening has worked for me.  If you have to
resort to a sealant, something is wrong.  It is fairly easy to strip out the
threads in the float bowl tops so be careful.
Terry