Re: Steering Wheel Removal

To: chull@pacbell.net, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Steering Wheel Removal
From: MGTD1952@cs.com
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 20:11:59 EST
In a message dated 3/17/01 3:38:54 PM Eastern Standard Time,
chull@pacbell.net writes:

> Any suggestions?

Did you remove the keys?  After banging the hell out of the wheel on my TD
several times, with no success, I decided to check the manual.  It instructs
you to remove the keys from the keyway.  Sure enough, that is what was
holding it in.  Remove the key, and it slides right out.

The manual advises to insert a thin metal strip to accomplish this.  I bent a
16p finishing nail about two inches up from the point, and that work fine as
a key removal tool.  Look at your Moss catalog, part number 327-080 and
327-090 (On the TD-TF Steering page, illistration # 7 & 8).

Steve in NJ

///
///  mg-t@autox.team.net mailing list
///