Hey all

To: "mg-t@autox.team.net" <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hey all
From: Walter Thomson <dynamike1@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2001 21:28:55 -0700
I've been a member for some time now and have many saved tidbits from
all the e-mail info that has crossed the paths. My girlfriend and I have
recently brought her 1951 MGTD to my housse for  remodeling. It was her
dads whom passed away a few years ago. He has a great start with a
rolling chassis just about done including motor,trans., and rearend. He
also over a period of years has purchased thousands of dollars of parts
new for it including all interior, all dash components,
guages,cables,lights,brackets. Chrome parts were either rechromed or
bought new. Needless to say mostr of the purchasinfg is done and now its
time for fitting of the body pieces, then dissassembly and sent for
paint. That will bring me to many days/hours of assembly to a nice clean
restored MGTD.

My questions among a thousands others to come ie this:
1)with a red body and tan interior, what is the proper matching of
painted surfaces.
      I was told that the main body/tub and the front section(that holds
the battery) should be assembled and painted    as a unit.
     Also I was told that the firewall,trans. cover, driveshaft cover,
and side curtain lower box are all BLACK
I'm trying to get all painted as much as possible, and though it won't
be a show winner, I'd like to follow as many of the "proper" rules as I
can , since they all have to be painted anyway.

My idea was to assemble that battery box assembly to the main tub,
fenders off, hood seperate, running board off and have it painted that
way. After all was shot, then put the body back on, assenble the fenders
and the rest from there.
Also I've noticed the aftermarket running boards are quite flimsy with
not rolled edges, and they also appear to be a good amout taller on the
face side leaving them hanging lower than the fender edges????

Any input/direction would be grearly appreciated, this will be a
challenge since it was disassembled when I first saw it.
I figured I turn to the main people...that's all you guys, for a little
help

thanks again in advance

Mike and Michelle
fremont,ca