Elkhart Lake Vintage Festival

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Elkhart Lake Vintage Festival
From: MGTD2@aol.com
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 23:38:03 EDT
T-types:
I'll be heading up to Road America this weekend for the vintage races and
planning to run my "Sebring"B-GT for the fun of it.  As some of you may know,
this will be the annual "Focus Event" for the MG Vintage Racers, which means
many and varied MG race cars from B's on back to pre-war cars.  If you were
at the New England Register GoF at Watkins Glen a couple of years ago when
MGVR had their focus event at the Zippo Vintage Grand Prix, then you know
what a thrill it is to see not only early-prod-style MGBs and As on the
track, but also a good selection of T-cars, from street drivers to real '50's
hot rods pushin an easy 125 hp.  There will certainly be some specials like
MG-based Coopers, Lesters, and Listers.  And I believe  the Von Neumann
Special, an aluminum TD,  and Pete Thelander's N-type racer will be
competing.

Which is a long way around to saying I have one crew pass available, if
anyone would care to participate at that level.  Overcrew are an additional
$15 or so and easy to arrange if you are the "travel with a companion" type.
The "B" has generally been dead reliable, so major wrenching probably will
not be required.

Let me know if your interested.  If I get several responses, I'll go with the
first one in.  I will have to put your name on the crew list when I register.
 As I am leaving Michigan early Thursday morning for the track, contact me at
work at the following address:
john.deikis@med.va.gov
Also send a copy to:
mgtd2@aol.com
I will check my email for the last time on Wednesday night.  Practice starts
Friday, qualifying on Saturday plus the All-MG race in the afternoon, and
feature plus the enduro are on Sunday.

Anyone just dropping by the race, come through the paddock and say hello.  My
car is red with white roundels on the doors and will be carrying number 111
at this race.

--JohnD

///
///  mg-t@autox.team.net mailing list