bugatti discovered ?

To: british-cars-pre-war@autox.team.net, mg-t@autox.team.net,
Subject: bugatti discovered ?
From: "Awini Ambuj Shanker" <alviss@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 17:17:03 +0530
dear lists
   I have been told of a Bugatti languishing in the interiors of rural
India,and from the description given I think it may be a type 51 or 35,im
told it's a boat tail doorless roadster and has slightly staggered
seating.the dash is there with some instruments,but it may have been
replaced sometime,it apparently has wire wheels but the engine and steering
wheel are missing. the car does not have any mud guards or lights and the
handbrake lever is outside of the body. I am awaiting photographs of the car
before I pursue it further.
I would like to know if it really does turn out to be a rare bugatti, what
are the chances of obtaining a suitable engine and other parts? Does anyone
have any information on the bugattis that came to India?
Apart from this car I know of two more bugattis in India, a type 40? in
Bombay and a Brescia here in Delhi .according the information I have
gathered, about 20 Bugattis are believed to have come to India but their
fate is unknown.
I hope someone can help.
regards
Awini Ambuj Shanker
53 Golf Links
New Delhi
110003
INDIA
1930 Studebaker Commander Six, 7P tourer
1939 Lagonda V12 Rapide, 2+1 roadster
1966 VW Karmann Ghia, coupe
1927 Austin 12/4, 2 seater &1946 MG TC long term restoration projects