Re: Caravans (British usage)

To: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Subject: Re: Caravans (British usage)
From: rfeibusch1@earthlink.net (Richard Feibusch)
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 07:37:12 -0700
Blake,

Back in the 70s, I had a friend from San Francisco who toured north to
Canada, then east across Canada to the east coast and back through the US
with a fold-out hooked to the back of his 1100cc Morris Minor pickup - said
that he had to keep his speed down under 55 to keep the tail from wagging
the dog though.  The same guy (Mik Maguire - founder of the Morris Owners
Assoc. of California in 1972) also toured the US in a Morris woody towing
one of those aircraft construction late-40s "teardrop" trailers with the
kitchen in the boot.  He fitted a Sprite 1275 for more power and found that
the heavier woody rear body helped cure the waggin' but was still pretty
much limited to under 55.

Cheers,

Rick Feibusch