Re: Grease Nipple Identification / lube points the DPO did

To: <yd3@nvc.net>, <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Grease Nipple Identification / lube points the DPO did
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 07:46:32 -0700
Blake,

You mean that RHD cars were fitted with a different pedal-pivot shaft? I
find that hard to believe! The shaft is the same part number, it just goes
in the other side of the chassis. Why on earth would the factory decide the
frame bushings for the shaft and the brake pedal would not need lubrication
on RHD cars but needed to be greased on LHD cars? I realize British
engineering is not always totally logical but your theory defies common
sense.

Lawrie