FOR SALE - Stateside vintage Morris/MG project

To: morris@autox.team.net
Subject: FOR SALE - Stateside vintage Morris/MG project
From: rfeibusch1@earthlink.net (Richard Feibusch)
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 07:56:32 -0800
This just in - looks like fun:

Cheers,

Rick
---------------------------------------

From: Ian Grace <ian.grace@smiths-aerospace.com>
Subject: Stateside vintage Morris/MG project

Folks,

I am selling my 1927 Morris special project, which is currently located in
Grand Rapids, Michigan.  It has to go to fund an exciting new project in
the UK.

It is basically a competition special kit of parts which is based on a 1927
Morris Oxford chassis and Morris Six running gear (12" finned brakes, wide
track, etc.) with a 6 cylinder 2.5 liter OHC Morris Isis/MG 18-80 engine
and 18-80 Mk.2 4-speed gearbox with remote.  It will make a hairy vintage
special capable of around 100 mph.  Basically MG 18-80 drive train in a
chassis which will make the car about 2/3 the weight of an 18/80.  The
engine is virtually unused - still standard with no wear evident in the bores.

I was intending to rebuild it as a replica of Barbara Skinner's special
'Smokey', which she so successfully campaigned at Shelseley Walsh in the
early thirties.

I'm looking for around $7,500 for everything, including many new and
overhauled parts.  I would also ship to the UK (or elsewhere) at cost.  I
would also consider breaking the kit if there was sufficient interest in
the major components.  I can e-mail a list.

Alternatively, what would be the best way to advertise such a car in the USA?

Thanks,

Ian