Re: Master cylinder

To: "Gregg Smith" <gregg.smith@worldnet.att.net>,
Subject: Re: Master cylinder
From: "Dave & Diana Dwyer" <dmdwyer@optusnet.com.au>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 19:21:52 +1100
Gregg

I've experienced this with new parts and silicon fluid. Apparently silicon
is not so slippery as conventional fluid, so the piston may stick without
the return force from the wheel cylinders.

To overcome the problem I made a pressure bleed system. An external
reservoir of fluid is connected to the brake master cylinder and pressurised
with air, then you open each bleed nipple in turn and fluid with entrapped
air comes out as if you were pumping the pedal.

Once the system is bled, there's no problem.

If I havn't been clear, contact me and I'll explain further.

Regards

Dave Dwyer
J2, TA, TC
Sydney