RE: Water Pumps

To: <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Water Pumps
From: "James Fischer" <jfischer@supercollider.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 23:31:23 -0400
> ...it took a machine shop about three hours to
> disassemble the modified pump.  The rolled pin that attaches the
> impeller to the shaft was virtually impossible to remove.

> The impeller had to be destroyed in order to remove the pin
> Fortunately, I had an old pump with a good impeller.

Ummm, maybe I'm a little slow, but why wouldn't a machine shop
be able to remove a rolled pin regardless of how badly seized
it might be by, worst case, drilling it out, and going to a
larger size pin?

            jim   (On the way out the door, I grabbed
                   sunglasses, PDA, Cell Phone, and car keys,
                   but forgot my wallet.  Priorities...)