MG TF Body Tub Rebuild

To: <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: MG TF Body Tub Rebuild
From: "Brian Smith" <btsmith@island.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 09:35:07 -0800
I am hoping that someone can assist me with the following request. I have
recently completed the restoration of my 1950 MGTD and have now come into the
possesion of a very original 1954 MGTF. This car only has 42,801 miles on it
and mechanically appears to be pretty good but the body tub wood has rotted
away in many areas. I would like to try my hand at making the wood frame but
there appears to be little in the way of "patterns" left.

Does anyone have any pieces that are good enough to be used as a pattern that
could be traced onto some paper and provided with dimensions? The main areas
are around the cowl/firewall (inner and outer) under the doors and possibly
the hinge pillars on both sides although there may be more once I get into it.

Although I would like to try making the pieces myself I might also be
interested in purchasing any new pieces that you may not have used in a
restoration.

Thanks
Brian
1950 MGTD