Re: [Mg-t] Plug gap

To: "Tuck Southworth" <tsouthworth70@hotmail.com>, ""
Subject: Re: [Mg-t] Plug gap
From: "lawrie" <lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2010 16:22:44 -0800
Tuck,

I run a Lucas Sports coil on my TD special and gap the NGK B6ES spark plugs at
35 thousandths. The Sport coil puts out 40K volts so can generate a much
stronger spark. Giving it a larger gap to jump across makes for a bigger
ignition source for the fuel mixture. Agreed, a book match or a butane lighter
can both start a forest fire but when the fuel is wet (i.e. if the air-fuel
mixture isn't perfect) the more intense flame gets the fire going more easily.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center