Re: [Mg-t] Body plate graphic

To: <wbeech@flash.net>, <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mg-t] Body plate graphic
From: "Lew Palmer" <lpalmer@roundaboutmanor.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 10:05:07 -0600
Bill,

Try this site as a start:
http://www.niagarabritishcarclub.org/mgtnumbers/numbers.html

Cheers,
Lew Palmer

-----Original Message-----
From: mg-t-bounces@autox.team.net [mailto:mg-t-bounces@autox.team.net] On
Behalf Of wbeech@flash.net
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2011 9:22 AM
To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: [Mg-t] Body plate graphic

Hello list,

I am new to MG so please pardon some of my ignorance.  A friend just brought
me his 1953 TD that has been sitting for 10 years, after a re-spray and
freshening.  As I go to look for the odds and ends to get him back on the
road I am trying to understand the meanings of all the notations on the
plate.  Is there a web site that shows the plate and explains the meaning of
the numbers and which number is most commonly used, in what I would call,
the VIN number?

Here is what I have:
Body Type: 22381
Body No.:12643/82584
Car No.: 13271 EXL/NA
Engine No.: XPAG/TD2/LHX 13836 (believe this has a new engine as there is a
Hexagonal plate on the lower block that reads: Motor No.: 24090

Any assistance or direction would be most helpful.

Thanks in advance,
Bill