[Mg-t] ACE comes through again

To: "mg-t@autox.team.net" <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mg-t] ACE comes through again
From: Richard Lindsay <richardolindsay@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 15:04:47 -0500
Hi Friends,

I catch a lot of flack for using generic parts on my car, and I have
done so again. Such is life. Here's the latest.

When reassembling my SUs back on the engine, I remembered that the
screws on the throttle link piece are not only the wrong size, but
also, one is missing. So off to ACE Hardware I went. Its a two mile
drive.

Here's the throttle link, as I found it. And I apologize in advance if
I'm using incorrect terms.

http://aubard.us/MGTD/20150410_143019.jpg

Everything looks okay, except the washers, but the screws are just a
tiny bit too large in diameter. They fit through the coupling but they
also hit the shaft. At ACE I sourced correct (size) M3-0.5 screws,
washers and nuts. Here they are. (The 5th screw was purchased in case
I lost one along the way. Cheaper than a trip back to the store.

http://aubard.us/MGTD/20150410_143240.jpg

They're socket head screws but if they need to be held while snugging
down, an Allen wrench will be easier to fit than a screwdriver. And
here they are installed on the couplings.

http://aubard.us/MGTD/20150410_143610.jpg

Its been a good week.

Happy Friday,

-rick