[Mg-t] Tank

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: [Mg-t] Tank
From: Richard Lindsay <richardolindsay@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2015 05:41:24 -0500

--089e011823f65ae6690520032c91

Hello Friends,

I'm giving up on my TD's 62-year-old fuel tank. The exterior and interior
rust has been cleaned away, a Moss sloshing bladder was added, and the tank
is nicely repainted. It looks great but...its now weeping fuel from a seam.
Obviously the sloshing bladder didn't seal 100%. And if this old tank is
leaking from a seam, there is a structural integrity problem. I don=E2=80=
=99t need
a fuel fire. I just feel that its time to replace the tank.

Moss has them and they're expensive. Shipping can't be cheap and the new
tank will have to be painted. Not a cheap proposition any way one looks at
it. So I ask: Who has the best deal on a new tank? Anyone have a better or
cheaper tank than Moss? Thanks for your candid advice.

-rick

--089e011823f65ae6690520032c91

exterior and interior rust has been cleaned away, a Moss sloshing bladder w=
as added, and the tank is nicely repainted. It looks great but...its now we=
eping fuel from a seam. Obviously the sloshing bladder didn&#39;t seal 100%=
. And if this old tank is leaking from a seam, there is a structural integr=
ity problem. I don=E2=80=99t need a fuel fire. I just feel that its time to=
 replace the tank.</p>

--===============7970990823180426185==

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============7970990823180426185==--