[Mg-t] TD fuel tank update

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: [Mg-t] TD fuel tank update
From: Richard Lindsay <richardolindsay@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2015 18:09:53 -0500

--001a11c3851600bddb052021bf25

Hi Friends,

I have removed the straps and rotated the spare carrier away from my TD's
fuel tank. Once drained (only about a liter of fuel remains) and
disconnected, I can lift the tank away. My first attempt will be to seal
the weaping seam with an epoxy fuel tank repair kit. There is no structural
integrity problem, just a very slow weep at a seam. Its not even a leak
that one you can see within a whole day, but it does weap a tiny bit,
potentially damaging paint. I expect the repair kit to work fine.

But if it doesn't, a kind List member has offered a used but sound tank at
a reasonable price. That's my second line of offense. The down side of any
replacement tank, new or renewed, is that it has to be painted, adding
another $100 to any replacement solution. My weaping tank doesn't need
repainting. The repair is a worthwhile attempt.

As an aside, I also have to get my decade-newer Condition-2 Triumph TR3b
cleaned and serviced next week. I'm trading it for a Condition-4 E-Type
coupe' project. My '85 Biturbo E is at the shop getting a 30k service. Lots
of fun, if expensive car work happening.

-rick

--001a11c3851600bddb052021bf25

 from my TD&#39;s fuel tank. Once drained (only about a liter of fuel remai=
ns) and disconnected, I can lift the tank away. My first attempt will be to=
 seal the weaping seam with an epoxy fuel tank repair kit. There is no stru=
ctural integrity problem, just a very slow weep at a seam. Its not even a l=
eak that one you can see within a whole day, but it does weap a tiny bit, p=
otentially damaging paint. I expect the repair kit to work fine.</p>
 but sound tank at a reasonable price. That&#39;s my second line of offense=
. The down side of any replacement tank, new or renewed, is that it has to =
be painted, adding another $100 to any replacement solution. My weaping tan=
k doesn&#39;t need repainting. The repair is a worthwhile attempt.</p>
Triumph TR3b cleaned and serviced next week. I&#39;m trading it for a Condi=
tion-4 E-Type coupe&#39; project. My &#39;85 Biturbo E is at the shop getti=
ng a 30k service. Lots of fun, if expensive car work happening. </p>

--001a11c3851600bddb052021bf25--

--===============4695707557786570505==

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============4695707557786570505==--