Re: [Mg-t] Transmission Question

To: Gable, Gerry <GABLEG@ecu.edu>, mg-t@autox.team.net <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mg-t] Transmission Question
From: "lawrie" <lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2015 13:02:55 -0800
Insufficient information, Gerry. Does the gear selector move into all four
forward gears and reverse when the engine is off? Or does the shifter not move?
If the former, does it not go into gear because there's a terrible grinding
when the engine is running and the clutch pedal depressed. Did you adjust the
clutch pedal travel and free play according to the manual? On a TC, both these
measurements are critically important. When you push the clutch pedal does it
feel as though it is doing what it used to - i.e. compressing the springs of
the clutch pressure plate? If it simply doesn't move properly, perhaps you put
the disc in backwards.

Lawrie