Re: Fiero Seats

To: jimbb88@erols.com
Subject: Re: Fiero Seats
From: mgbv8@juno.com (Larry A Hoy)
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 1997 23:22:28 -0600
Cc: MGB-V8@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
Thanks Jim, great information.  1-1/2" lower is great.  I'm about 5' 11"
and the windshield in my roadster is a bit too low.  I'm not sure how
anyone over the 6' mark drives with the top up.  Must get a stiff neck.

The plan is to pick up the seats on Saturday so your post is timely.  I
had my secretary (spelled d-a-u-g-h-t-e-r) call around to junk yards this
week.  I'll be interested to see how she did.  You know how junk yards
are, "yeah, come on in I got some great seats".  We'll see.

Larry Hoy (MGBV8@Juno.com)
Denver, CO USA
1969 MGB Roadster (1/2 V8)
1987 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas
========================
On Fri, 17 Oct 1997 21:21:21 -0400 "Jim Stuart" <jimbb88@erols.com>
writes:
>I have Fiero seats in my roadster & also in the GT. In the roadster,
they
>are about 1-1/2" lower than the stock seats, which is fine, as the
>windshield is so short.  I'm only 5'9", and the lower seat was not a
>problem. When I put a set in the GT, I spaced them up about 2", since
the
>windshield  is so much taller. The added height gives me much better
visibility.

>I have seen it suggested that the simple way to install the seats &
retain
>the spring & cover, is to reverse the seats- driver's seat on the
passenger
>side. It does make for an easier job, but the seats are not symetrical,
so
>they sit a little funny, & look wrong from the rear, as the seat backs
point
>"out". You can get used to them, I'm sure.
>
>If you swap the seat TRACKS, the seats are as easy to fit, but you will
have
>to remove the side spring cover & the spring itsself.
>
>The speakers are a great idea, if not the ultimate in quality. A good
stereo
>shop can provide replacements &/or upgrades. If the seats you have do
not
>have speakers, remove the upholstry fromthe seat backs by un-zipping the
>zipper at the bottom & just pulling up, like taking off socks. A little
work
>with a razor blade or soldering iron will create 2 pockets. I believe
Ian