Clutch recommendations for Rover SD1 engine/transmission

To: mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net, "rovernet@ganglion.anes.med.umich.edu" <rovernet@ganglion.anes.med.umich.edu>, "tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu" <tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu>
Subject: Clutch recommendations for Rover SD1 engine/transmission
From: "Christopher G. Moog" <cgmoog@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 21:56:50 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
I'm installing a rebuilt 1980 SD1 engine in my MGB.  I will be getting
the engine back from the shop this week and needed some recommendations
on what clutch/pressure plate I should be using.  The engine has 10:1
pistons, Crowler Cam (50232 214 intake/218 exhaust at 0.050 lift, intake
lift of .488, exhaust 0.490).  the transmission is a SD1 5 speed.  The
rear axle will be a Ford 8 inch (ratio undetermined at this point
hopefully somewhere between 3.00 and 3.55).  Stock SD1 flywheel.

The vehicle will be used on the street and I'm open to any and all
suggestions on the clutch as well as suggested prices.

Thanks

Chris Moog
1978 MGB
1987 Merkur XR4Ti