RE: Rover V8

To: chrisandsarahb@juno.com
Subject: RE: Rover V8
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 09:16:43 -0800
Cc: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Chris:

        The engine is basically the same.  Just as on the SD1 the alternator
placement, water pump and front pulley will have to be backdated to look
like the old P6 Rover layout.  On both of these engines the long block
assembly is the main part you will be using.  The SD1 crank pulley can be
cut with a V groove, or the single pulley used.  I do not know if the Range
Rover crank pulley can be modified readily.

Kelvin.