Postal Jeep rearends

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Postal Jeep rearends
From: dandr@mail.gwi.net (David Allen)
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 22:24:12 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Dan: I just bought a Postal Jeep,it's a '75-'76. The rear axle is a Dana 44
     with eleven inch drum brakes, limited slip diff and 3.08 ratio. This
axle looks strong but narrow. Biggest problem I can see is the 5.5 bolt
circle. I think the axle flanges could be turned down and redrilled easily
but the brake drum center hole is quite large. Perhaps to big for the B
bolt pattern. Dana axles are widely used, so maybe some other brakes could
be found or the B drums and backing plates adapted.

                             Dave
                          '70 BGT