Purchased My '63 Buick 215 Today!!!

To: "mgb-v8@autox.team.net" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Purchased My '63 Buick 215 Today!!!
From: Kevin Brown <MGTRAutoXr@sprintmail.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 20:05:27 -0500
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Today while I was at work my wife bought me the '63 Buick 215 that had
been listed on eBay -- I guess I must be treating her right!  She paid
$355 for it which, while it was more than I had hoped to pay, still
seemed to be a good price for a complete 185 Hp engine.  It looks like
it should be a great engine to put in my MGB.  I know some people like
the later model Rover engine -- but for some reason I prefer to stick
with the original GM version, I also plant to install a GM T5
transmission.  I listed the seller's description and (hopefully) a link
to the pictures he posted, in case anyone is interested.  Also, if
anyone can enlighten me on the meaning of the part numbers that he
listed, I would appreciate it.  I just have to go pick up the engine
next week.  Thanks for the advice everyone gave when I asked about
prices.

Kevin Brown
Odessa, MO

1963 Buick V8 215 4 Bbl Aluminum Motor & Trans  Item #109401695

This is a complete original motor and transmission. Air cleaner to oil
pan and everything you see below. All small hard to find parts are
there. All
     aluminum (intake/block/heads/trans) 185 horse w/Carter 4bbl carb
and linkage. Running when pulled, heads and intake have been off for a
few years
     (see second photo, looks better than shown, dust in cylinders.)
clean inside, top of cylinders have slight surface rust on one side and
some carbon
     buildup on pistons. Ran good when pulled. I planned to have it
rebuilt (hone/rings/bearings) since the heads were off. Bottom end never
apart. Exhaust
     manifolds included. .......Block - HI550857 ..... HH250043 / Heads
- XA2.......Great for restoration/MG-Rover Conversion/Street Rod. This
motor
     would look awesome polished and detailed. It is lightweight and in
pieces as shown. Includes mint original factory repair/rebuild book
(shown). High
     bidder pays high bid & shipping (example. yellow freight) in US.
Will box up seperately or skid/crate or deliver within approx. 150 miles
of Cleveland,
     Ohio. Otherwise, check on shipping from 44133 area code. Shipping
charges are up to you. UPS max weight is 125lbs. all could go boxed up
but
     block (I would/could dissasemble and mark it if wanted it that
way). Please figure out how you're going to recieve it before auction
end. Any questions,
     email me. If you are high bidder & meet reserve, you can chose ALL
or PARTS for that price. If you want to put this setup in a car, you
won't need to
     be looking for parts. It is worth more than reserve (Just over
$200.) as individual parts. Also includes complete 1963 Buick/Olds 2 Spd
Auto
     Transmission - Good working order when pulled. Includes finned
converter. Also includes inspection cover (lovered) and plate/cover (not
shown). All
     kickdown linkage included. Thanks for bidding! I would prefer to
wrap the deal up within 10 days of end of auction. I may add some
detailed and
     better photos soon.
 http://www.parmapse.com/ebay/motor.jpg