Which Automatic Transmission to Use

To: V8 List <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Which Automatic Transmission to Use
From: E-Mail <therays@ellijay.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 1999 14:32:24 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I am looking to replace the Rover T35 automatic transmission currently
installed in my wife's V8 and want to use a more modern automatic.

Has anyone out there used a TH350 or TH400 automatic transmission in their
V8 conversion?

Will either of these transmissions work?

Which is better suited for a stock Rover 3500s engine?

Where can I get adapters to mate the transmission to the engine?

Are there better choices in some of the 4 speed overdrive automatics?  If so
what would you recommend?

What modifications are required to install one of these transmissions into a
1980 MGB?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Jim Ray