Cleaning

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Cleaning
From: Barrie Robinson <robinson@baradv.on.ca>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 11:38:03 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I saw some messages about cleaning up pats and mention of bead blasting was
made.

I thought I would pass on this little gem.  Apparaently whenyou sand, bead,
or even vapou blast aluminium the scouring agent gets imbedded ever so
lightly into the suface.  This does not come off with washing but does
slowly with variations of temperature and slushing oil.  This fine
nano-micro sized abrasive is not trapped by the "normal" filters and comes
to gentle rest on the white metal parts like the normal swarf.  What we
have now is a nice fine emery cloth that will shine shine shine and ruin
your engine in a genteel manner.  This could result in another rebuild some
30k miles down the road.  Now I have not tested this but it seems
reasonable and thus I do not intend to have any internal parts blasted -
only acid dipped.

Any comments anyone???
Regards
Barrie Robinson