Brass freeze plug removal

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Brass freeze plug removal
From: Wake074@aol.com
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 07:33:34 EST
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Since I am rebuilding my 215, I thought it would be nice to change out the
very dirty brass freeze plugs on the side of my block.  Just how in the world
do you get these things out?  Is there some trick that I'm missing?  I've
drilled, pried, and cussed (that didn't seem to help any).

Another quick question:  The replacement valves I purchased (NOS Buick
valves) arrived, but are different from the ones I removed.  The slot for the
retaining collars (probably not the right term) is almost 1/2" long.  The
ones I removed just had a slot that was only about 1/16" long.  Can I use the
same two piece collars on installation?

Thanks again for all the help,

Glenn