RE: MGB crash test

To: "'Barrie Robinson'" <barrier@bconnex.net>, mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: MGB crash test
From: "Westerdale, Bob" <bwesterdale@edax.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 17:58:27 -0500
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I remember an advertising campaign for MG that involved dropping them out of
airplanes- with parachutes, of course,  and landing in the desert. Beautiful
ladies, etc.. One of my friends father was a muckety muck in the BL Service
organization,  who told me they lost a lot of cars filming the ad, mostly
due to entanglement problems with the parachutes.  When the chutes didn't
open, they made some rather splendid holes in terra firma.  I'm not sure
this is what you had in mind,  but it does involve crash testing and flying
colors.
Bob Westerdale