Hesitation

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Hesitation
From: JTPAKI@aol.com
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 1999 02:11:12 EST
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Hello Everyone:

I am running a 215 Buick with an offenhouser manifold and a Holley 390 auto
choke and vacuum secondariness.  My problem is that I am getting a slight
hesitation just off bottom, maybe about 1600 RPM, under a load, just pulling
a way from a stop.  It does not do it just running up the engine with no
load.  The carb is new.  The engine is broke in and running well with the
exception of the light hesitation.  I changed the secondariness vacuum spring
to the stiffest one, which should act to move the opening of the
secondariness up the RPM curve, because I felt it was loading up or going
rich too soon.  It improved, but did not take it away.   Engine has cam
profile just a bit above normal.  Output of the engine is probably about 200
HP.

Any ideas as to what may be causing this.  [new plugs, electronic dist,]

Joe Potter