Re: MG Alternator with a Buick 215??

To: "Kevin & Deana Brown" <MGTRAutoXr@sprintmail.com>, "MGV8 list" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MG Alternator with a Buick 215??
From: "Larry" <larry@larryembrey.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 15:39:52 -0800
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
No offense, but why would you want to use the Lucas Alt?  I mean if the car
was original or planning on concourse I could understand completely.  In
terms of reliability the Lucas is not the best as many of us can attest, and
if you are using a non-stock engine and have to adapt an alternator you
might as well step up to the Delco 10si line.  They are ~65amps and can be
found anywhere in US..  CHEAP TO!!  I spent $70 for one without core, if
have a core unit usualy is around $50.  1/2 the price and 2x the power, is a
no brainer IMHO..

Larry