RE: Buick Flywheel Pressure Plate Bolt Size?

To: "'Kevin & Deana Brown'" <MGTRAutoXr@sprintmail.com>, "'MGV8 list'" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Buick Flywheel Pressure Plate Bolt Size?
From: "Jim Bown" <bown@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 23:04:05 -0700
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Kevin,

They are "5/16-18 X 7/8. The original GM part number was 1164332 (part
number courtesy of David Kernberger).  I recently purchased and successfully
used a set of Mr. Gasket pressure plate bolts on my Buick 215. The Mr.
Gasket part number was #911.

I'm not sure what to suggest as a method of repairing the now damaged hole
in your flywheel. Probably you will need to put in a 'Helicoil'.  The
problem is that I am not sure how that will effect the overall balance of
the flywheel.

Regards,
Jim
Bown@concentric.net