HTOB

To: mgb-v8 list <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: HTOB
From: James Nazarian Jr <jamesnazarian@netzero.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 08:02:17 -0600
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Just thought I'd spread a little knowledge that someone might be able to use.

After giving up on the stock clutch arm on my 215 I went looking for HTOBs, my
engine has a 4speed T-10 on it.  From what I was told the McLeod would cost
$225, but I hate buying things I can't look at or see a picture of first.  So I
was thumbing through Summit one day and found a Howe HTOB for stock T-10s (of
all years) for $140.  I installed it last night, and the hardest part of the
process was remembering to take a picture before putting everything together.
So if anyone out there has a T-10 I would recommend the Howe bearing.  It will
still be a bit before I drive with it, but it fit perfectly.
--
James Nazarian Jr
71 MGB roadster

A complex system that does not work is invariably found to have
   evolved from a simpler system that worked just fine.