Alternator part II

To: mgb-v8 list <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Alternator part II
From: James Nazarian Jr <jamesnazarian@netzero.net>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 10:37:14 -0600
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
List,

I went out and bought the chevy alternator that everyone recomended.  63Amp
internally regulated lifetime warantee for ~$55, plus the $15 core charge that
I ate, not bad.  I have it mounted, but now I wonder what the wires on the plug
are for.  The main stud on the back is obviously going to the battery, but
there are two wires on the plug, one small 18ga that I am assuming is for the
excite coil, and the other is a 12ga red wire.  What does this 12ga red wire go
to?

On a slightly related note, I only have to make up the gas pedal/linkage and
then the engine comes out for the last time, as I will be starting bodywork by
the end of the week.  It is beginning to look like I might actually finish this
thing in time to go to Minneapolis for the show this summer.

--
James Nazarian Jr
71 MGB roadster

A complex system that does not work is invariably found to have
   evolved from a simpler system that worked just fine.