Water pump and pulley

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Water pump and pulley
From: "Matt Diamond" <mgb_69@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 01:28:17 -0000
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Hello once again,

It looks like I am about to change the water pump on my Rover 1980 3.5
engine.  From what I understand the Buick 300/340/350 v8 pump will fit.  I
am looking to change to get more space for a puller fan on the engine side
of the radiator.  If someone knows for sure one way or the other I would
appreciate the knowledge being passed on.  The next problem to overcome will
be a pulley for same, since they do not come with the pumps.  What has
anyone found that works or needs to be modified?  Surely it will need some
spacer of some sort too in order to properly line up with the crank pulley.
Life would otherwise be too simple.

Thanks in advance for all replys,

Matt