Fuel Gauge

To: <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fuel Gauge
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@apphosting.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 19:30:06 +0100
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Hi all,

Latest trip to Ireland went well, 1600mls from Portsmouth, England & back -
driven over three days. Faulty fuse holder for the fans held me up for a
little while, but jimmied it on the trip over and replaced it in Dublin.
Much better.

However, my Fuel gauge has been playing up. First of all about 4 months ago
it started showing only 75% full, then a couple of months later, 50%. On the
trip, she completely dropped to below zero.  So where do I start looking,
how can I test the Gauge to see if it is it, or the sender? The wires to and
from the sender, and to the back of the gauge all 'appear' in good
condition.

New Fuel pump went well, seems a lot better than the Facet. One thing I had
with the Facet was when I'd lift off the accelerator, then put it on again
quickly the car would hiccup, say coming out of a corner. No such problems
with the SU and no ticking - although to be fair the Facet never made very
much noise.

Cheers,
Neil
--
74 B GT V8 / 68 C GT / 61 A 1600 / 56 AH 100 BN2
http://www.apphosting.com/mgstuff/